Yeovil Town Ladies FC Club History
The team was founded in 1990 as Yetminster Ladies with the first ever game being against Weymouth Vikings on 16 September 1990, resulting in a 2-2 draw. Previous team names were: 1990 - 1993 Yetminster Ladies FC, 1993 - 1999 Sherborne Ladies FC.
Yeovil Town Ladies first competed in Women's Super League 2 in 2014 and finished 5th place and joint 3rd place in the following 2015 season.
Yeovil Town Ladies FC's most recent success is being crowned Women's Super League 2 Champions (2016) and gaining promotion to WSL 1.
Other success in history includes:
- FA WSL 2 Club of the Year 2014 & 2016
- FA Womens Digital Club of the Year 2012
- Gold Award Winner - FA Respect & Fair Play Awards 2012 & 2013
- Champions - South West Combination Women’s League 2009/2010 & 2011/12
- Champions - South West Women's Football League - Premier Division 2006/2007
- Winners - Pat Sowden Cup 2006/2007
- Winners - Somerset FA Women's Cup 2004/5 & 2011/12/13
- Winners - South West Women's Football League Division One Cup 1996/7
- Winners - South West Women's Football League Division Two Cup 1995/6
- Winners - South West Women's Football League Division Two Cup 1994/5
The first team's main home ground is Huish Park, Lufton Way, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8YF.
At the start of the 2018-19 WSL season, Yeovil Town ladies FC moved to the Avenue Stadium of Dorchester Town Football Club, Dorchester, DT1 2RY, and will play their home fixtures there for that season.
Club highest attendance: Yeovil Town Ladies FC v Liverpool Ladies FC at Huish Park 1,897- This was the first match of the 2017 Spring Series season as a Women's Super League 1 clu.
Second highest attendance: Yeovil Town Ladies FC v Sheffield Ladies FC at Huish Park 1,483- This was the final match of the 2016 season when YTLFC beat Sheffield 3-0 securing promotion to WSL 1 and gaining the Women's Super League 2 winners trophy,
Senior Squad Coaching Team:
- 1st Team Manager - Lee Burch
- Head Coach - Lee Burch
- Goalkeeping Coach - Tony Rich
- Sports Scientist- Ewan Greenhill
- Sports Therapist- Steph Jones
- First Team Captain - Megan Walsh
The Yeovil Town Ladies Reserve team play in the FA WSL Development League season competing with the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Millwall Lionesses and Watford.
In recent seasons they have tasted considerable success:
- 2010/2011 Entered FA Women's Premier League Reserves Section
- 2008/2009 Promoted to South West Women's League
- 2007/2008 Runners Up Somerset Women's League
- 2006/2007 Won the Knock Out Cup
Operating at this high level allows the squad to effectively support the First Team with a high standard of football, allowing players to play unrestricted for both teams.
The Yeovil Town Ladies Development Team play their home games at Alvington Sports Complex on Sundays, kicking off at 2PM. The team train on a Tuesday night at Huish Park's 3G pitch and train with the senior squad at Bridgwater & Taunton College on a Thursday.
Yeovil Town Ladies FC Intermediate Team was formed in 2013 and is managed by Wesley Gullin. The team is captained by Hannah Eglon, with the support of vice captain Naomi Binding. The team trains Tuesday nights at Huish Park and Thursday nights at Bucklers Mead Sports Centre. Home games are played at Somerton Sports Club, Gassons Lane, Somerton, Somerset, TA11 6HS.
- 2016/17 South West Women's Football League Premier Division Champions
- 2015/16 Promotion to South West Women's League, Eastern Division
- 2014/15 Somerset County Women's League Cup Winners
- 2014/15 Somerset County Women's League Division 1 Champions
- 2013/14 Somerset County Women’s League Division 2 Champions
The team play in the South West Women’s League, Eastern Division - more details can be found here.